|Monday, 08 November 2010 13:18|
Certain precautions need to be taken with any form of electrical equipment. Kilns get hot when they are running, so don't touch them. Children and pets may be curious and try to go near the equipment. Storing the can of gasoline for the lawn mower next to the kiln would not be a good idea.
Contrary to many stories, electric kilns do not just blow up. Most problems occur when basic common sense is not used. The best rule of thumb is to never leave your kiln unattended, though that does not mean you should sit right next to it for the entire process. Check in on the status of the kiln when firing and be aware of what is happening.